What a fun year. Ali is such a joy in our lives. She has been the easiest, happiest baby. She’s entering toddlerhood and I’m not sure what we have in store, but the last 12 months have been so wonderful and fun.
Instead of sharing a bunch of thoughts about Ali at 12 months, I’m going to let the photos do the talking. We had our favorite local photographer, Rachel Pearlman, come over around Ali’s birthday to take some photos of all of us. Here are some favorites:
Here’s her brother at 1 with the same wagon (photo by Rachel Pearlman):
Click on the photos to enlarge:
Random facts about 1 year:
Weight: 20 lbs 12 oz
Wears: size 4 diapers, 12-18 month clothing although pants are still too long, size 3 shoes
Teeth: Her first tooth came through the day after her first birthday!
Mobility: She decided to walk across the room for the first time on her birthday. She had taken a few steps here and there, but her birthday was her first long distance walk.
Loves: Walking around holding on your finger, putting toys in and out of baskets, throwing balls, eating, snuggling, playing in dirt, dancing, pushing ride on toys around, listening to music, bubbles, bathtime splashes, throwing tons of food off her high chair
Hates: having her diaper changed, changing her clothes, being put in the stroller when it’s still in the hallway, getting left in the living room when I take Raffi to the bathroom
Foods she loves: organic whole cow’s milk, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, all berries, peas, bacon, pasta with butter, grilled cheese sandwiches, fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes (sometimes), frozen waffles,
Foods she hates: deli turkey, muffins, grapes, yogurt
Favorite toys: plastic Easter eggs, Little People figurines and cars, R’s B. Wheeee-Mote Control Car, R’s B. Dr. Doctor’s kit, Sandra Boynton books, her little lambie blankets, her baby Stella doll with bassinet, big bouncy balls from Walmart
For Raffi’s 1 year update and photo shoot, click here. And here are Ali’s previous updates.
I better get this up quickly because today is actually Alessandra’s 1st birthday!
Here are 11 things about Ali at 11 months old:
1. Teeth. Our little girl is still such a baby. No teeth! No signs of teeth!
2. Steps. Ali will take 3-7 steps at a time and that’s it. At 11.5 months Raffi took his first steps and then was off. Ali is more cautious and lazy and only walks when she needs to walk.
3. Sleep. This little one loves to sleep. She goes down so easily for naptime and bedtime. This month she completely dropped her morning nap. Some days she gets really cranky by 11 AM, but other days she can hang with Raffi all the way until a 1 PM naptime. She naps for about 2 hours and sleeps for about 11 hours overnight.
4. Toys. Ali is obsessed with dolls and drags them around everywhere. She also loves all of the ride-on toys now, and some days she tries to get on one while Raffi is still sitting on it. I think it’s really cute but Raffi isn’t so pleased. This month she learned how to chuck a ball across the room, and I imagine she will be a good softball player one day. She can sometimes throw a ball farther than her brother!
5. Kisses. While she only has a few words still, she clearly understand the love language of KISSING. Ali gives open mouth kisses constantly and to everyone she loves.
6. Daddy’s girl. When Trig comes home from work, it’s like I don’t even exist. Her eyes stay on him the rest of the night and she cries if he leaves the room. She loves her baba.
7. Food. Ali is still quite adventurous with food. This month she tried some new foods that Raffi never liked. This includes salmon, grilled eggplant, and zucchini. Her favorite foods this month are still all berries, raw apple slices, cheese sticks, and rotisserie chicken.
8. Greetings. This is my favorite thing about this month. Ali excitedly waves and says “hiya” to everyone in a room. She also waves goodbye at the appropriate times. She’s been doing this for awhile now but it seems far more deliberate now.
9. Bathtime. If I let the kids stay in the tub all day, I bet they would. Alessandra is fascinated with the watering can in the tub and fills it up and pours it out for the entire bath. She also laughs with pride every time she successfully fills it up.
10. Collections. Just like her brother, Ali loves collecting little squirrel piles of toys. I was cooking dinner one night and went into the living room to find that she had collected all of the Sesame Street figurines and put them in a salad bowl. Too cute.
11. Chairs. The kids’ PBK anywhere chairs might be Ali’s favorite thing in the whole house. We have the “my first” as well as the oversized one. She will drag a toy over to one of the chairs (usually the big one), snuggle up in it, and play with her toy. I don’t know if she loves them so much because she can easily climb in them or because her toys are safe from her brother’s hands when she’s sitting there.
Wears: size 4 diapers, 6-12 month clothing, some 12-18 month tops, size 2-3 shoes
Loves: cruising, hugging dolls, opening and closing cabinets, opening and closing doors, getting hugged by her brother, throwing balls, gathering collections of toys, pushing her wagon, dancing, swinging on the swings, being outside
Hates: getting her diaper changed, getting her clothes changed, car rides, getting hugged by her brother
Foods she loves: peas, grilled cheese, pasta, rotisserie chicken, beef, bananas, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, all berries, raw apple slices, Goldfish, pretzel sticks, overcooked broccoli, American cheese, cheese sticks, pitted kalamata olives, cannellini beans, raw red pepper strips
Foods she hates: has a weird reaction to applesauce and yogurt, hates anything if she’s full or tired
Favorite toys: fake cell phone, Radio Flyer walker wagon, PBK anywhere chair, shaker eggs, drums, bubbles, balloons, balls, books
Click on the pics to enlarge:
Raffi’s 11 month update