Planes, Cars & Family
WE MADE IT!!!!
Jordan is an absolutely gorgeous country, and luckily we finally arrived to enjoy it! The weather the gorgeous, and the whole group is so excited to get going… especially after spending 24 hours like this
After a quick tour of Amman we headed to the king’s automobile museum. It was so interesting, and I loved seeing the history that goes along with each car.
Then it was time for dinner at my aunt’s house! She put together a gorgeous evening. The food here is just incredible. Everything is so fresh, and you really wish you had a second stomach so you could continue enjoying the delicious tastes and flavors. Hard to explain, but the food is just so flavorful. We had some traditional foods including lamb, stuffed baby zucchini, stuffed grape leaves, hummus and HEAB’s favorite: falafel.
For dessert we had a traditional Jordanian dish called kanafe as well as lots of fresh fruits. The silver dollar peaches are so juicy and tasty. I wish I could bring them home with me.
After dinner and drinks we blasted the music and had a mini dance party. My dad wanted to make the Armenians feel at home so he brought out a bottle of vodka for the bottle dance. You have to see our wedding photos to understand. I’ll explain sometime. Promise.
Interesting thoughts and points of Day 1:
- I cried when I saw my family. I didn’t realize how much I missed them (I haven’t seen some of them in 4 years) but it is so nice to be reunited again.
- Amman, Jordan, the capital, is where half of the entire population of 6 million lives. And 3 cities share 80% of the population, with the remaining 20% being spread out among the small villages.
- Photos of King Abdullah, the current king, are absolutely everywhere. And I love that there are still many photos of the late King Hussein.
- My uncle’s hotel is amazing. I am on wireless right now. The comforter is insanely soft.
- Lemonade with fresh mint. Expect me to make this when I get home. I can’t get enough.