Our New Year’s Resolutions
I’m not sure I’ve ever made any NYR before, but this is the year that is going to change. My few days away from reality in the bubble of a lovely ski house has totally and completely inspired me. PhillyBoy is inspired too.
Here are our combined New Year’s Resolutions:
- No TV or other electronics at the dinner table. TV time while cooking dinner or after dinner is fine, but actual dinner time is for sharing our days and talking together. We have been really bad about this for a long time now, and we both want to get better about it. It will be good for our marriage!
- Set a nice table every night for dinner. Sometimes I don’t even put napkins on the table, but since we eat with our eyes it is worth the little extra effort.
- Early bedtimes. We go to bed later than we’d like, and this has been a goal of ours for a lonnnng time. By stating it here, we will have to follow through. I am much happier, eat better, and live better when I get enough sleep, so early bedtimes are pretty important.
- Complete our wedding album. Can you believe we still haven’t put together the photos we want for our official album? At first I wanted a few months after the wedding to give me time to reflect back on the day, but now it’s been one and a half years. It’s time to finalize that! Luckily we have made a few small iPhoto albums for our parents, but we don’t even have one ourselves yet.
- Photo albums of Jordan trip, honeymoon, and a few other things. There is nothing like holding a photo in your hand.
- Schedule ourselves less. We have over-scheduled our lives to the max, and this year we will change that.
- New recipes. I’m out of my cooking slump (thanks for your suggestions), and I’d like it to stay that way. For our tastebuds and our passion we’d like to try a new recipe every week. We rely a lot on basic meals and family favorites, but we’d love to branch out a bit more. I love sharing my kitchen adventures with you, and I want to continue to do that. And PB has been too busy to cook lately, but this challenge will help both of us in the kitchen.
Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? Please share!
Happy New Year to all- may 2011 bring you health and happiness, love and friendship.