40 weeks: We did it!
I am so happy and blessed to be a mom. We did it!
A quick recap of how things are going before I get back to my beautiful new life…
- Labor and delivery went really well. I can’t wait to share the whole birth story with you. Once I figure out how to manage everything I did before plus take care of bambino I will share it.
- I’m in love with my son and I never want to put him down. He already knows Trig and I and I know he knows we love him. He has long chicken legs like I did as a newborn, and I think he has my mom’s chin.
- Breastfeeding is going as well as I imagine it can be with a 3 day old. Last night he fed for literally the whole night while I struggled to stay awake. The pediatrician said this is normal for the hours right before your milk comes in.
- Seeing my husband now as a father brings tears to my eyes (which is another story). I see how in love he is with bambino and how much he loves me too.
- I’ve been feeling a little more emotional than usual, especially when I’m really tired. I understand that this is normal, but I am surprised by how easily the tears will come.
- Newborns were always ugly little gremlins to me… until now. My baby is so super cute I can’t take it! I want to kiss his face all the time but the pediatrician told us that is a no no.
- Bambino is in the 93rd percentile for length and 25th for weight. He is long and skinny.
- I am not long and skinny. I lost 15+ lbs right away so I have about 25 to go to my pre-pregnancy weight and 35 to my normal, comfortable weight. I am constantly surprised by how small my belly is in the mirror already.
- I feel great. I got lucky with my labor and delivery and I’ll explain more later. Suffice it to say that I only have one little stitch and I already feel fantastic aside from the exhaustion and breastfeeding pain. In fact, I felt awesome within one hour of the birth.
Now it’s time for me to go back and snuggle with my new family. I miss them already!
PS- Cute pic of bambino over on Babycenter today!
**Belly pics here