Raffi’s 10 month update
The weeks are flying, and Raffi’s first birthday is right around the corner.
At 10 months old not that much has changed from the 9 month update.
Here are some of my favorite moments of the month:
1. One day I decided to teach Raffi how to clack two kitchen utensils together. Instead of clacking them he held both of them in one hand for 4 straight hours. He even ate his lunch with one hand while holding them in the other. It was so funny.
2. I love watching Raffi be independent. I put his straw water cup down on his mat and let him drink water when he’s thirsty. He will randomly crawl over to it to take a few sips.
3. While climbing the stairs one day he dragged a box up the entire way. Instead of taking one minute it took more than 20. He kept stopping to practice opening and closing the cardboard box. One time the box slipped down a few steps, and you could see his brain working as he figured out if he could safely make it down the steps to retrieve it. He ended up leaving the box behind, changing his mind, and diving for me so I could help him. So smart.
4. Raffi can’t wait for his dad to get home at night, and the minute he hears the door lock he starts squeaking and flapping his arms. If Trig doesn’t pick him up the minute he walks in the door Raffi is fuming. In fact, he INSISTS on being acknowledged and won’t stop squeaking and flapping until he gets his hug.
5. My son now crawls with his legs completely straight – in a downward dog position. He can fly so fast like that, but it looks like a lot of work to me. It’s funny.
Click on the thumbnails for the full image-
Teeth: 2 on the bottom, 1 on top, 2 more coming in on top
Wears: size 4 diapers, size 6-12 months clothing, size 2 shoes
Loves: Opening and closing anything, eating blueberries, being held by mommy, playing his drum, opening and closing kitchen cabinets, skating cars along while crawling
Hates: Having his diaper changed, when one of us leaves the room, sitting in his high chair for more than 10 minutes, car rides
Favorite toys: Radio Flyer Walker Wagon, LeapFrog drum, stacking cups, 10 little ladybugs book, B. toy car, any ball he can throw
Favorite foods: watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, fresh mozzarella, string cheese, bread, lavash, chicken, peach YoBaby yogurt, corn
Foods he dislikes: eggplant and broccoli
Previous updates can be found here.