I’ve been so silent over here because every time I have something to share I realize that I haven’t yet shared Ali’s 5 month update. I’ll get there eventually. Hopefully admitting it here will make me share faster.
Here’s a post of randomness.
1. Raffi just started the whole “whassdat?” phase. I can’t take him anywhere without hearing that phrase about 1,000 times as he asks about everything in his surroundings. It’s awesome and annoying at the same time. We went to Party City to get a few things for his party on Saturday, and I must have heard that question 40 times in 10 minutes. I also had to get creative with my answers. There are tons of monsters around in their Halloween displays right now, and he wasn’t satisfied with my answer of “It’s a monster, buddy.” Instead I had to specify – there was a pumpkin monster, a skeleton monster, a monster monster, a witch monsterrrrrrr and on and on.
Other favorite phrases of his currently include:
“Baby’s touching the toy! Look! Baby touch books! Baby touch ___!”
“I give baby toyyyyyy?”
“Go ahead, mama” (as he lets me pass him on the stairs and in doorways)
“I watch Super Whyyyyyy”
“Shhh! Baby’s sleeping” “Shhhh! Blocks are sleeping” and on and on
“Baby’s awake! Let’s go get the baby!!!”
“More round and round?” (wheels on the bus)
“I hear music” (pronounced in a really funny way)
“I see plane! I see stars! I see mama’s hair! I see Halloween pumpkin!”
“oooh hot. More candles? I sing happy birthday?”
2. I’m making an Armenian dish for dinner and my house smells awesome. It’s something called “ghavoorma” (unsure of correct English spelling) and it’s slow cooked beef with apples that melt away. We had it at a friend’s house and I loved it so much that I’m making it for dinner tonight.
3. I went to RI for 48 hours for work and I felt like I jumped back into my old life. It was a super strange feeling to be there with no kids, work from my old office, drive a car while listening to news radio (instead of Elmo), and not having to share any of my food with anyone.
4. Ali is almost sitting up and life is becoming so much more fun with her. The other day she and Raffi were cracking up as Raffi put a teething ring on her foot and she kept kicking until it flew off. They both thought it was the funniest thing ever.
5. My Dunkin Donuts addiction is still alive, but I’m in a weird place where I’m too cold for iced coffee but I still hate hot coffee. Therefore I bundle up in about 10 layers with socks and winter slippers and everything just so I can enjoy my large iced decaf hazelnut with milk only.
6. I’m officially on the hunt for an awesome play kitchen to give the kids for Christmas. We are redoing our living room so not a single toy will be exposed, but we will allow our play kitchen to be on display at all times (in our actual kitchen probs). Soooo I’m on the hunt for something fancy-ish that I won’t mind staring at day in and day out. I’m obsessed with the PBK retro kitchen set in white and keep searching Craigslist hoping someone will sell a used one to us at an affordable price. In the meantime I’ve also pinned about 87,000 play kitchens. I guess I’m pretending I’m handy when meanwhile I can hardly change a light bulb. Any play kitchen do-it-yourselfers out there?