Ali’s 9 & 10 month update
Here are 9 things about Ali at 9 and 10 months old:
1. She has a word! Her first word! And it’s MAMA! UhHuhhhhh! Wicked exciting. I know it’s real because she looks right at me with her arms outstretched and says MAMA! Raffi only said baba for months before finally saying mama, so I’m really enjoying this.
2. Ali is cruising and loving it. She has stood on her own for a few seconds here and there, but she’s not quite there yet. One day she couldn’t cruise at all, and the next day she cruised along the whole couch, grabbed a toy, and let go of the couch completely. She is cautious, but willing to try something before mastering it. Raffi always had to know he could master a skill before trying it, but she isn’t like that. It’s so interesting to see their different personalities. She has mastered climbing up the stairs, and Raffi will run up ahead of her to cheer her on. It’s adorable to see them playing together.
3. Weaning. I’m down to nursing her 3 times a day – morning, 4 PM and night. In addition, Ali is eating 3 meals and a snack daily. She went through two weeks of only eating really soft foods, but she’s back to eating real meals.
4. Ali has separation anxiety for what I think is the first time.
5. Teeth. Our little pumpkin is still toothless! There is still no signs at all of a tooth coming. Well, I can see the two bottom teeth under the gum, but they haven’t moved in weeks.
6. Ali still loves sleep and takes 2 naps a day, a morning nap at 9 AM-10 AM and an afternoon nap at 1 – 2:30 PM. She sleeps overnight from 7:30 PM- about 7 AM.
7. Ali loves her brother more than anyone else. When he leaves a room, even if I’m still in it, she will start to squeal and chase him on her little hands and knees. She will also scream at the top of her lungs if he takes a toy away from her. He hates the scream so much that most of the time he gives the toy right back.
8. She will imitate lots of things now and it’s sooooo cute. She points her finger like a gun to show you something she likes or wants or notices. She says “uh ohhh” after you say it but doesn’t know what it means.
9. Ali is the biggest, happiest dancer I’ve ever seen at such a young age. I don’t even have to sing a whole song – I can just hum 2-3 notes and she will start rocking, wiggling her head, shaking her bum, and bouncing. It’s so different from Raffi and it’s so cute.
10. We started giving her a little blanket to sleep with. It’s a handmade Taggie that my sister in law made for Raffi when he was born. She snuggles up to it, sucks her thumb until she’s asleep, and then clutches the blanket for dear life for the rest of the night.
Click on the photos to enlarge:
Wears: size 4 diapers. 6-12 month clothing but most pants are becoming too tight. I’m squeezing her until the weather changes.
Favorite foods: whole blackberries, hard bread, American cheese, cold peas, meatballs, scrambled eggs
Lease favorite foods: broccoli, cauliflower, beans
Loves: playing the drums, dancing, climbing stairs, eating iPhones, listening to music, eating wipes, sleeping, playing with Raffi, hogging all the toys when Raffi isn’t there, following Raffi to the bathroom, eating
Hates: getting her diaper changed, getting out of the tub, staying up late
Favorite toys: 10 little ladybugs book, Radio Flyer walker wagon, mini board books, bath squirt toys, stacking toys, puppets, her little tea set, dolls
Raffi’s 9 month update
Raffi’s 10 month update