What he said after the first day of preschool
My almost-3-year-old just got back from his first day of preschool.
At dropoff this morning I waved a teary goodbye. He didn’t even notice because HE NEVER TURNED BACK to say goodbye. Who does that? Of course that made me sob. Why is it so hard to see them grow up?
Anyway, every mom is probably thinking that, so I’ll spare you the gushy stuff. Instead, I want to share with you the random things he shared after his first day of preschool.
- called his teacher “Mr. Goof”
- told me that the kitchen is closed “like this” (and put his two fists together). They are slowly letting the kids use all the toys in the room, and the play kitchen is one section that off limits for now.
- shared a story about story time. “I told my other friend and my other friend and my other friend to be quiet and listen because it was book time and story time and they were talking too much and talking too loud.” I am kind of worried about this. He always wants to be the boss or the one to deal out punishment. For example, when Ali does something dangerous like climb the table and I tell her to get off, he will come FLYING IN from the other room to also tell her to get off the table.
- out of nowhere he said “But I didn’t like school but I had so much fun.” hahaha
- asked me multiple times “Can I go back to school a little later?”
I’m so happy that his first day went so well, and that he shared so much about it. I can’t wait to see how he grows and changes over this next year.
Did your kids share any random funny things about their first day of school?