Valentina’s 2 month update
With 10 days to go until she turns 3 months old, here is Valentina’s 2 month update. And yes, just like everyone says, the details and frequency of these posts for sure deteriorates as we have more children…
1. For the first 6 weeks Valentina cried nonstop. Things came to a head and a great friend came over to hold her for two hours while I sat and cried. From that moment on, literally that moment, she is a new girl. She is now like a normal baby who cries when it’s appropriate and not nonstop. I don’t understand what changed, but I’m glad it did. She is so happy now, even when Ali and Raffi are practically suffocating her with kisses.
2. Valentina loves the pool! With two big kids she hasn’t really had the choice, but she loves it for at least 10-20 minutes.
3. She sleeps 8 straight hours overnight, and then wakes up one or two more times to nurse. The miracle blanket has been the best swaddle blanket for us so far, but she can bust out of even that! When I go in to get her after her 8 hour stretch, she’s usually completely out of the swaddle with flailing arms and legs! She is far stronger at this age than the other two were.
4. Valentina has blue eyes! I hope they last. So far they are still ocean blue and heavenly.
5. I have her nursing on a schedule and it’s working great. Every day she nurses at 8, 11, 2, 5, 7 or 7, 10, 1, 4, 6, 8 and then once or twice overnight. We follow the eat, play, sleep routine my friend Molly told me about years ago, and it’s working well.
6. Valentina loves to be held like this, and basically only like this. Weirdo.
6. She cat naps all day, with her favorite locations being the car seat, Baby Bjorn bouncer balance soft, swing or on her belly in the crib. She liked the rock n play the first 5 weeks, but she’s over it now.
I can’t say enough great thanks about the Baby Bjorn bouncer balance soft (previously known as the babysitter balance). She loves to sit in it and look around, nap in it, and even reach for toys. I used it most while the big kids, Trig and I are eating dinner. She sits next to me and I bounce her gently with my foot.
7. We traveled for 6 weeks, 4 to the Jersey shore and 2 to Rhode Island. She loved my family and my family loved her. She is partial to the nonnas…
8. I can’t get her to take a bottle. She’s taken a few here and there, but it’s an awful struggle and she screams. It’s the only big obstacle we’ve had, but when you’re the only source of food for your child, it has been stressful. Any tips on getting her to take one? It’s almost as though she can’t figure out HOW to take the bottle.
9. She SMILES! Like huge, beautiful, happy smiles. She’s now such a ridiculously happy baby. I love it.
Weight: 10 lbs 6 oz 50% and Ali was 10 lbs 8 oz (Raffi was 10 lb 9 oz at 2 months)
Height: 23.3 in 95%, and Ali was 23 inches (Raffi was 23.5 inches at 2 months)
Loves: being held, being near her siblings, sleeping at night, fake sneezes and kissy sounds
Hates: loud noises except her big brother and sister screaming.
Favorite toys: um. she doesn’t have any yet! But she loves her Aden & Anais muslin blankets, sakura bloom, and swing
Places we put her down: Her bouncer balance soft, stroller, car seat, tummy time on changing mat, activity gym, swing
Nicknames: Vivi, tee-tee, Valentina-bina, Balentina (Ali)
Raffi’s 1 & 2 month update
Ali’s 2 month update