Random thoughts of the day
1. The Dunkin closest to my new office is only 294 steps away. I counted. I also timed it, and it took me 7 minutes and 42 seconds including paying and such. This is not good for my wallet. It’s been 2.5 years and I’m still obsessed with my medium iced decaf coffee with hazelnut flavor and whole milk only. OBSESSED.
2. I went for a jog today, pushing Ali and Valentina in the double BOB after school dropoff. Valentina is already almost 6 months old, yet my body still feels broken from carrying her in pregnancy. I don’t know if it’s because I didn’t work out much this pregnancy or what, but every time I exercise I feel like my ab muscles are going to fall off my body. And the feeling lasts a few days. Sounds dramatic but that’s exactly what it feels like. What gives? I miss getting in a good sweat and I hope my body fully heals soon. Baby steps I guess.
3. We have officially entered LEGO land. Uncle Robbie got Raffi the LEGO City Fire Emergency (it’s a fire truck and a building on fire) for his birthday in September. We finally opened it and Raffi and Ali are obsessed. They sat and focused for a solid hour putting together the first part of the truck. It made me realize so many things – I have to figure out how LEGOs will live in our house with a small baby around. Our kids are growing up. And it’s really hard for me as a mom not to just want to put it together for them. I only helped when specifically asked as there were a few tough pieces for them to put together. Oh, but how I just wanted to do it for them! Raffi was very patient and never got frustrated despite it taking seemingly forevvvveeerrr to put each piece in the exact right spot. He has done plenty of free play with LEGOs before, but this is the first time following directions to build something specific. He has some experience with Duplos but LEGOs are way harder for his little hands. What a great activity for building fine motor skills though!
4. Thanksgiving is next week. Right? RIGHT? I keep checking my calendar because it seems confusing. The weather is too nice and it seems like we just had Halloween yesterday. I’m doing my best to hold off on doing our tree, but I plan on asking Trig and the kiddies if we can do it this weekend. I’m ready for some holiday cheer!
5. I feel like I should have a fifth thing to say, but, er, I just don’t. Have a great week!