Valentina’s 7 month update (and 6 and 5 and 4 and 3…)
Poor 3rd child. Just as everyone told me it would be, I just haven’t kept up with her updates. I don’t know if it’s because I’m extra busy now or because the milestones just don’t matter as much. Anyway, I’m determined to share at least a glimpse into Valentina at this precious age.
Here are 7 things about Valentina at 7.5 months old:
1. She’s a crawling machine. She figured it out all at once and is on the go go go. She especially loves to scurry along for anything paper. That girl would eat every paper in the house if she could. She crawls the traditional way sometimes, and more like a half bear crawl, half traditional crawl other times.
2. Valentina seems to be brilliant. I’m not just saying that because she’s my child, and I feel silly saying it… but I’m saying it. It could be because she has a big sister and brother to follow, or it could just be that she got PhillyBoy’s brains. She will do things like look at something I tell her to look at without pointing it out. Or she will stop doing something when I ask her to stop. Or she will decipher between two things and pick up the one I ask her to pick up. It’s little funny things, but I swear she comprehends way more than I’ve seen with other babies. OK, I’ll stop now
3. Raffi and Ali absolutely ADORE Valentina. They cheer her on so much when she crawls to reach a toy, and they are so excited to see her when she wakes up every morning. Ali definitely tries to step or sit on her like a horsie at least once a day, but besides those moments the kids are so gentle and sweet with her. If I’m cooking and Valentina has found contraband (why is their paper on the floor in my kitchen randomly and always?) Raffi will bolt toward her and rescue Valentina from the evil paper before it reaches her mouth.
4. We haven’t really gotten into a nickname with Valentina yet. Raffi is always Raffi, Alessandra is Ali or Tata, and Valentina is sometimes TiTi but that’s it. I wonder what nickname she will end up having!
5. Valentina loves rest and loves food. She loves being included in fun things with the kids and even made it through her first movie. Her current schedule looks like this:
8 AM I wake her up, nurse, breakfast
9:15 AM-1o:30 AM nap
12 PM nurse, lunch
1 PM- 3:30 PM nap
4 PM nurse (although she doesn’t nurse for very long)
4:30 PM dinner (This varies based on her mood, what we have going on, and whether she can wait for our dinner time.)
6:30 PM Bed
The girl goes to bed way earlier than the others ever did. It makes bedtime for the older ones much smoother because I put Valentina down right before our dinner, then we all eat, then I can focus on the older ones. If they all need baths it’s a little more complicated, but we’ve finally figured out a system.
6. Her eyes are still blue! I’m still holding my breath though because apparently they can change until 9 or 10 months old.
7. In order to fall asleep Valentina sucks on her lip pressed up to fabric. Her favorite fabric is muslin from the Aden & Anais blankets and burpy bibs, but if she doesn’t have one near she will use anything.
Here are some pics:
Weight: More than 15 lbs, unsure of exact weight
Sizes: size 3 in diapers, 6-12 months in all clothing
Sleep: 13-14 hours with 1 wakeup each night, 2 naps (9 AM and 1 PM)
Likes: playing with big brother and sister, eating, being included on activities, watching the marble run, eating toys, music, baths, playing peek-a-boo
Dislikes: carseat, being alone in a room, not given a quiet place to rest when tired
Foods she likes: yogurt, pureed oatmeal, blueberries, bananas, avocados, crackers, bread, puffs, um, french fries and cheeseburgers
Foods she dislikes: oranges, kiwi, eggs, cooked apples, anything that gets stuck to the roof of her mouth
Favorite toys: plastic keys, paper, more paper and more paper, light up phone.
Ali’s 6 & 7 month update
Raffi’s 6 & 7 month update