Gina's Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Gina from fitnessista.com (I just wrote Fina from ginessista.com hahah) posted a whole wheat banana bread recipe a couple of days ago and as soon as I saw it I KNEW I had to make it. With my friend having a baby yesterday, the timing couldn’t have been more perfect! I only made one MAJOR mistake. I wasn’t paying attention and tossed the brown sugar (I used the real stuff) into the dry instead of the wet, so it didn’t blend perfectly. They were amazzzing anyway. Gina you didn’t tell us these were seriously DECADENT!!!
I made myself a mini so I could have one tonight!
100% Whole Wheat Banana Bread (Gina’s recipe adapted from this recipe)
• 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (I used 3/4 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt)
• 1 egg
• 1 1/4 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar of your choice) (I used 1 cup of brown sugar)
• 1 cup golden raisins (I used 1/2 cup regular raisins and 1/4 cup walnuts)
• 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (wa I lost my vanilla! where is it?!?!)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray glass loaf pans (2 – 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5) with cooking oil spray.
Mix the dry ingredients, then add the wet. Stir until blended but don’t overmix. Pour into loaf pans.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from loaf pans and cool completely. Slice and serve. Wrap with plastic wrap keep moist.
**I made one little loaf pan and 12 muffins since that’s what I felt like! Because of that I only cooked mine for 30 minutes.
Gina thanks for the amazing recipe!!! These are awesome!
P.S. Here is her original post: http://www.fitnessista.com/2008/09/i-owe-ya.html