Brightness in the Dark.
Yesterday we lost our power around 3 in the morning. The extreme rain and wind woke us up with a start, and it reminded me of Hurricane Bob when I was a kid. Suddenly there was a buzz sound and then poof! electricity went out. No big deal. We went back to sleep and expected it to be back in the morning. It wasn’t and in fact we won’t have our power back until 3 PM today. A total of 1.5 days. I never realized how reliant I am on electricity!
At first I felt like complaining, but there really is brightness in the dark. Here are the funny things and the happy things happening during this power outage:
1. My husband and I were forced to go out on a date for dinner! It was fantastic and such a nice midweek surprise.
2. We were also forced to go to bed with no TV! PB always watches TV in bed, so it was really nice for some quiet for once!
3. I have friends in Philly!!!!!!!! Kindly, Melissa of Miles for Markets is letting us use her fridge for our groceries. I had just spent a lot of money on food for our party this Sunday (haven’t posted that menu yet…) and I didn’t want it to go to waste. Melissa saved the day!
4. There is power in our lobby and good wireless too!
5. I took a shower at the gym! It was kind of funny walking in and going straight for the showers, but the water was hot and there was a blowdryer too. Of course, psychotic me brought my own shower sandals and such. Am I the only one who does that?!
5. There was a man playing all sorts of Christmas tunes on the grand piano and it was so cheerful. Silver Bells and other beauties and it just makes me so happy.
I could be a grump about this whole thing, but instead I am feeling grateful and happy. Life is good, and there is always some brightness in the dark.