Ali’s 8 month update
Time to share 8 things about Ali at 8 months old…
1. Ali is now pulling to stand everywhere. She has simultaneously mastered landing gently when whatever she’s holding on to is ripped away by her loving older brother.
2. She nurses 4 times a day (morning, after first nap, 4 PM, bedtime) and eats 3 meals plus a snack every day. The girl eats at least double what Raffi ate at the same age. However, she still really loves purees, which Raffi never much liked.
3. Any time Raffi plays a musical instrument Ali immediately stands up and starts dancing. She has a few moves, but her favorite is the bounce.
4. If she’s done with her bottle and you keep trying to give it to her, she will swat it away viciously. Having a big brother has already made her quite tough. She will also swat your face if you get too close to her, sometimes it is in a loving way but other times it’s because she wants her space.
5. Ali still has no teeth!
6. Raffi will go over to her for no reason and give her kisses and hugs. Ali thinks it’s the best thing ever and will reply by flapping her arms or laughing maniacally.
7. Ali’s not really into toys the way Raffi was. She is happiest just tagging along with whatever Raffi’s doing or playing with, and only really likes toys she can eat or bang.
8. Ali is still a hard core thumbsucker. If she can’t find her thumb during the night she will sob until you go in and fix her jammies. She still loves her sleep but will occasionally decide that life is too fun for sleeping. It’s really funny to walk into her room on those days to find her grinning at the door while trying to eat the top of the crib.
Height and weight: unknown
Wears: size 3 diapers but only because I still have too many. We will move her up to size 4 as soon as I’m done with this pack. Size 6-12 month clothing but she’s starting to bust out a bit.
Cloth diapers: none. I’m done cloth diapering this time around. It became too much for me, and I just couldn’t make it a priority anymore. She will still wear a cloth diaper 1 or 2 times a week, but it isn’t part of our normal routine anymore.
Favorite toys: Fisher Price teapot, blocks, Radio Flyer wagon, Vtech walker, anything her brother is holding, Sesame Street figurines
Favorite non-toy toys: Christmas tree ornaments, Christmas tree lights, music from my iPhone, plastic cups
Loves: swatting my face, snuggling, sleeping, standing, eating toys, eating food, dancing, bathtime
Hates: having her diaper changed, having her clothes changed, being alone in a room, being left behind when Raffi goes potty, wearing socks
Click on the photos to enlarge:
Raffi’s 8 month update