How is it possible that in the blink of an eye my second child is already 3 years old?
I used to religiously follow a blogger who doesn’t blog anymore. I would laugh at her little anecdotes about her girls and smile thinking of the day when I would have similar stories to tell. I know I need to embrace these moments now because soon they won’t be little snuggly buggly kids anymore. That blogger’s girls are tall and grown up and can read and write and do so much more. I’m in shock every time I see them on Facebook because in my mind they are still those little girls.
That was vague and awkward but what I’m trying to say is that I know this time is fleeting and I try to remember that every single day and to embrace the good, the bad, and the ugly. Seems like just yesterday I was announcing Raffi’s pregnancy and now we have 3 kids!
Here are some random thoughts about Alessandra as she turns 3:
1. The girl still loves cheese, and food in general. Remember this video? She is still as passionately in love with cheese as she was then. She is also known to ask to eat something about 30 times a day.
2. Every morning Ali asks what she can wear that day, and like a stereotypical girl loves picking out clothes, getting dolled up, putting on makeup and getting her nails done. Here she is with Auntie Alexis getting her lip gloss before going out to dinner:
3. I love that Alessandra will go with the flow, try anything, and make friends with everyone around her. She is equally as happy sitting in a coffee shop “reading” magazines as she is playing soccer.
4. Ali loves her siblings to the max. Sometimes she loves them too much! Valentina usually whines a little when Ali gets too close as Ali has been known to hug Valentina until she falls down, squeeze her cheeks really hard, and in general play rough. She is also the first one to check on her siblings when someone gets hurt and tries to be a little momma all the time.
5. Music is a huge part of all of our lives, but Alessandra shares Raffi’s love of the Jersey Boys soundtrack. Her favorite song is “My Boyfriend’s Back” but she calls it KAY-DA. KAY-DA = Hey-la, hey-laaaa my boyfriend’s back. She cracks me up.
A few more random thoughts. Ali loves washing her hands with too much soap. She stopped sucking her thumb 2 or more weeks ago. Her favorite breakfast is Honey Nut Chex dry with a cup of milk on the side. She loves drinking Trig’s morning smoothie and adores cantaloupe. She thinks of everyone in her family and loves to be surrounded by everyone. She can rough-house and keep up with the boys, even much older kids, and enjoys having her best friend Bella come over for playdates. She and Bella always get into trouble, painting their own nails or hiding in a corner eating contraband. Ali is our goofball and loves to make everyone laugh.
I think she will be that way forever. I hope she is that way forever.
P.S. We let Alessandra pick anything she wanted for her birthday present. Her decision? She asked for a homemade carrot cake like last year…. and an electric pencil sharpener. Seriously! She makes us laugh