Claire Robinson says “Panini it!”
Claire Robinson, of the series 5 Ingredient Fix, has partnered with Arnold Sandwich Thins (or Oroweat, depending on where you live) to create some healthy twists on old favorites and some very interesting uses for sandwich thins.
Arnold Sandwich Thins are awesome. What else is there to say about them? I have been buying them since they first came out and my friend Lauren called to ask if I had heard about this new “weird-looking” sandwich bread. PhillyBoy and I love them because most of the time we want a sandwich for the goods on the inside, not for the bread. If I am going to eat a traditional French baguette or fancy roll, I want to eat it alone and enjoy every little taste. With a sandwich however, I want the bread to just be part of the supporting team. Diet bread doesn’t cut it for me. It tastes like cardboard and disintegrates in my mouth. Ew. We like this bread because it is really low in calories but still tastes and feels like a nice piece of bread.
In my recent interview with Claire Robinson I learned the secrets to making healthy yet flavorful sandwiches and more using Arnold Sandwich thins. I also got some great advice on entertaining, which I will share with you now and with the audience at my presentation at the Healthy Living Summit- be sure to come and learn all of the healthy entertaining tips I have gained over the years!
10 Healthy Lifestyle & Entertaining Tips from Claire Robinson…
1. Since food is 1/2 visual, 1/2 taste, be sure to make your food look delicious! With sandwiches, it is important to have a lot of textures and flavors for the visual aspect as well as to satisfy you. Claire suggests having a melty/creamy component, a crunchy one, and a meaty one. I agree!
2. Some of her favorite sandwich supplies (and home pantry supplies in general) are the vegetables of the season, egg whites, hummus as a spread, leftover veggies, and obviously Arnold Sandwich thins. Favorite breakfast? An egg white frittata full of veggies in a sandwich thin, taken on the road. This is also her favorite post workout meal.
3, Keep ingredients in your home that you can use to quickly throw together meals. Some favorites include good olive oil, balsamic vinegar, greek yogurt, sandwich thins, agave nectar, fresh herbs (or herb infused olive oil), and the vegetables of the season.
4. To keep herbs fresh, treat them like flowers. When they come home trim the bottom and put them in a glass with water. If you buy them in the refrigerated section of the market, keep them cold. If you buy them at room temperature, keep them room temperature. To add fun fresh taste to many dishes, add fresh mint! (Note: You all know how much I love mint so I loved hearing that she does too!!!!)
5. Don’t be afraid of whole grain WHITE bread. It still has the grains in it, but tastes like traditional white bread. And it is good.
6. Make a great playlist to use when entertaining. Start the music off slow and build it up over the night. Before your guests even arrive, play some music, pour yourself a glass of wine, and get into the mood. It will set the right feel for the whole night. I love love LOVE this tip!
7. When entertaining, create flow. Put snacks and drinks in the areas you want people to mingle. Be sure to have 2-3 bites per person per item. Have a variety of items.
8. A great quick entertaining snack is BRUSCHETTA on Sandwich Thins. Who would have thought?!
9. You don’t just have to use sandwich bread for sandwiches. Claire has created some really unique items using the sandwich thins, and now I am eager to try some creative uses too! Next on my list to try that we brainstormed together? French toast roll ups using the honey wheat sandwich thins! I can’t wait!
10. Lots of fun recipes are available on the Arnold website. Check them out!
Things you didn’t know…
- Claire got to try Sandwich Thins before they were even available on the market! Lucky duck!
- Her favorite sandwich these days is her healthified turkey reuben!
- Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain has great biscuits (and it’s one of Claire’s favorite spots for Southern style food)! Jenna, maybe you need their recipe to help perfect yours?!
- The last time Claire was in Philadelphia she had a meeting with Morimoto and ate at a Stephen Starr restaurant. Guess which one?!
- Claire is going to create an awesome healthy Buffalo burger based on a really fun one (read: not healthy) she loves and is going to give me the recipe to test it out. I will be SURE to share the results! I was sent some samples of the Arnold Sandwich thins by Arnold and can’t wait to try out her latest creation.
When sharing a favorite dessert recipe using the thins, Claire said to “panini it”. I love that she used panini as a verb and I plan to as well.
Claire, thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today, and the next time I make a sandwich I will be sure to panini it!!!!