Ali’s 11 month update
I better get this up quickly because today is actually Alessandra’s 1st birthday!
Here are 11 things about Ali at 11 months old:
1. Teeth. Our little girl is still such a baby. No teeth! No signs of teeth!
2. Steps. Ali will take 3-7 steps at a time and that’s it. At 11.5 months Raffi took his first steps and then was off. Ali is more cautious and lazy and only walks when she needs to walk.
3. Sleep. This little one loves to sleep. She goes down so easily for naptime and bedtime. This month she completely dropped her morning nap. Some days she gets really cranky by 11 AM, but other days she can hang with Raffi all the way until a 1 PM naptime. She naps for about 2 hours and sleeps for about 11 hours overnight.
4. Toys. Ali is obsessed with dolls and drags them around everywhere. She also loves all of the ride-on toys now, and some days she tries to get on one while Raffi is still sitting on it. I think it’s really cute but Raffi isn’t so pleased. This month she learned how to chuck a ball across the room, and I imagine she will be a good softball player one day. She can sometimes throw a ball farther than her brother!
5. Kisses. While she only has a few words still, she clearly understand the love language of KISSING. Ali gives open mouth kisses constantly and to everyone she loves.
6. Daddy’s girl. When Trig comes home from work, it’s like I don’t even exist. Her eyes stay on him the rest of the night and she cries if he leaves the room. She loves her baba.
7. Food. Ali is still quite adventurous with food. This month she tried some new foods that Raffi never liked. This includes salmon, grilled eggplant, and zucchini. Her favorite foods this month are still all berries, raw apple slices, cheese sticks, and rotisserie chicken.
8. Greetings. This is my favorite thing about this month. Ali excitedly waves and says “hiya” to everyone in a room. She also waves goodbye at the appropriate times. She’s been doing this for awhile now but it seems far more deliberate now.
9. Bathtime. If I let the kids stay in the tub all day, I bet they would. Alessandra is fascinated with the watering can in the tub and fills it up and pours it out for the entire bath. She also laughs with pride every time she successfully fills it up.
10. Collections. Just like her brother, Ali loves collecting little squirrel piles of toys. I was cooking dinner one night and went into the living room to find that she had collected all of the Sesame Street figurines and put them in a salad bowl. Too cute.
11. Chairs. The kids’ PBK anywhere chairs might be Ali’s favorite thing in the whole house. We have the “my first” as well as the oversized one. She will drag a toy over to one of the chairs (usually the big one), snuggle up in it, and play with her toy. I don’t know if she loves them so much because she can easily climb in them or because her toys are safe from her brother’s hands when she’s sitting there.
Wears: size 4 diapers, 6-12 month clothing, some 12-18 month tops, size 2-3 shoes
Loves: cruising, hugging dolls, opening and closing cabinets, opening and closing doors, getting hugged by her brother, throwing balls, gathering collections of toys, pushing her wagon, dancing, swinging on the swings, being outside
Hates: getting her diaper changed, getting her clothes changed, car rides, getting hugged by her brother
Foods she loves: peas, grilled cheese, pasta, rotisserie chicken, beef, bananas, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, all berries, raw apple slices, Goldfish, pretzel sticks, overcooked broccoli, American cheese, cheese sticks, pitted kalamata olives, cannellini beans, raw red pepper strips
Foods she hates: has a weird reaction to applesauce and yogurt, hates anything if she’s full or tired
Favorite toys: fake cell phone, Radio Flyer walker wagon, PBK anywhere chair, shaker eggs, drums, bubbles, balloons, balls, books
Click on the pics to enlarge:
Raffi’s 11 month update