Ali’s 13 & 14 month update
First of all, I can’t believe that she is 14 months old. I feel like the last two months have flown by. Her birthday party felt like it was last week. Whoops.
Just like I said with Raffi at 13 and 14 months, I think Ali has turned into a toddler this month. After looking at Raffi’s old pics and thinking about Ali today, I can officially say that this period is my favorite of the early months. There’s no more bottles or nursing, the first language boom begins, the kids learn to run, and the curiosity is incredible. Oh how I love this age!
Here are 13 things about 13 and 14 months:
1. Ali is a little sneak. If she’s doing something she isn’t supposed to do and you catch her, she starts backing away and waddle-running to a corner. Oh, and while she does this she laughs like a maniac. She also cracks up when you catch her.
2. Finally, we have teeth! She’s had 2 teeth for about a month now and I can feel the top 3 under the gums, although they haven’t popped yet. Having only 2 teeth hasn’t stopped here from eating anything and everything.
3. My daughter loves sleep as much as I do. I’ve been known to fall asleep in the middle of a bar or party. It’s a trait that is adorable and lovely for a baby but not for an adult ha. Anyway, most nights Ali basically dives into her crib. She won’t even let me rock her – She will push me away until I ask her if she wants her bed. She nods in this exaggerated fashion and points to her crib. So cute. She sleeps from about 7:45 PM to 9 AM and then naps from about 1 PM – 3 PM.
4. Words! Ali is having her first little language explosion. Current words include up (up), down (dow), no (NO!), yes (uh-huh), cheese (cheeeeeee), milk (meeee), mine (MY!), turtle (toi-toi), blackberry (blah-blah), hi (hi, while waving), bye bye (buh bye), this (dis?)
5. Raffi wasn’t too into dress up at this age, but Ali is obsessed. She will go to the dress up bin and pick out a hat, put it on her head, and laugh. In general she thinks she’s the funniest person around.
6. Ali is a little mommy. She likes to feed her dolls and drag them around and snuggle them.
7. Grrrrrrr! Ali loves growling, yelling, saying “boo!”, cackling and in general being loud. It’s cute until she’s yelling in the middle of the market, followed by her signature laugh.
8. Between 12 months and 13 months Ali went from thinking she’s the little sister to thinking she is just as old as Raffi. She tries and wants to do everything he does, from eating ice cream cones to riding his scooter.
9. Whenever there’s a pillow or blanket or anything soft on the floor, Ali will dive on top of it, lay her head down, and start sucking her thumb. She is a serious thumb sucker.
10. If you can’t find Ali in our house, you always know you can find her at the shoe cabinet. For some reason she has an obsession with opening the cabinet, taking all the shoes out, bringing them all over the house, and bringing them back. She’s addicted!
11. Ali is still afraid of stuffed animals that talk. If she sees one she will back away while cringing and doing this little panicked scream.
12. Every time Ali wakes up and you go in to get her she immediately points to her pointing and says “ooooh!”. Every. Time.
13. We have a hoover at mealtime. Ali will just keep eating and eating and eating, and she is very adventurous. The few things that she will turn away surprise me.
Click on the thumbnails to enlarge:
Random Facts about 13 and 14 months:
Weight: unsure, but she has about a million rolls
Wears: Size 4 diapers, size 12-18 or 18-24 month pants, 18-24 month shorts and skirts, 12-18 or 18-24 dresses, size 3/4 shoes
Teeth: 2 on the bottom, the 3 on top are right.there but still haven’t come through the gums
Loves: laughing, laughing at her brother, carrying things around, opening and closing doors, playing hide and go seek, playing peekaboo, pointing to everything around her, eating EATING EATING all the time, screaming, dancing, waddle-running, clapping, playing in dirt
Hates: having her diaper changed, having her clothing changed, bring rocked when she just wants to go to sleep, letting mama hold any other babies (she will climb onto my lap or try and push the other baby off)
Foods she loves: scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, American cheese, fresh mozzarella, shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, cubed cheddar, Armenian string cheese, steak, burgers, chicken, tacos, corn, fish, yogurt, milk, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, peas, broccoli, raw cabbage, all berries, apricots, watermelon, lemons, bread, crackers, graham crackers, Goldfish, pretzels, lentils, beans, steamed artichokes, pasta, bacon, sausage, ribs, apples, french fries, muffins, pancakes with almond butter, raisins, waffles, crushed ice, grilled cheese, water, ice cream, shall I go on?
Foods she hates: mango yogurt, chocolate chips, hard pears
Raffi’s 13 month update
Raffi’s 14 & 15 month update
Ali’s 12 month update